Saturday, March 5, 2016

An Embarrassment

Watched bits of the latest Republican Party debate between those fighting to get the nomination as the GOP's presidential candidate feeling bemused, amused and plain horrified. Someone on a news channel (who and which will remain anonymous) described it as a good debate (seriously!) It wasn't. It was shocking in its lack of civility, lack of substance, lack of intelligence. I don't believe that anyone, even just twenty years ago, could have predicted that political discussion in the States would have deteriorated to this level so rapidly.

In recent years I've come to take the notion of climates - ethical, social, political - very seriously and now believe that we all have something to contribute to how these manifest themselves. I'm glad I don't have to live in a nation in which I might feel even vaguely responsible for that debate and its attendant hoo-haa.

No comments: