Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Getting Past It

When the removal men call attention to the age of your computer it's time for an upgrade. We're now considering going lap-top crazy in the interests of space (more) and mobility (greater.) Even now, though, we're not rushing it. A few considered decisions should see us through the next twelve years or so, until we, once again, have rendered ourselves laughably obsolete.

Mind you, we have no intention of changing things on the television front and that's where people who've visited us seem to have derived the greatest amusement. It was a good six years ago that one of my rugby boys from Bedok Town paying a visit to the Mansion asked with genuine concern how poor we were on seeing the set in our living room. That's the one that Siew told us qualified as an antique.

I read an article the other day telling me that in five years or so tvs will be paper thin and hang on the walls. I'll stick to our 14 inch Sony, thanks.

3 comments:

Trebuchet said...

Wait for an iPad 2. I can pretty much see how these things can be useful. Carry your favourite books around with you, your road maps, your email, and a host of other things — all in a book-sized package about 1 cm thick at most.

Brian Connor said...

Extraordinary! My last conversation with the missus on this topic featured me saying something on the lines of we might just get one of those iPad whotsits that bods who know of these things rave about, but we'd better check with someone who knows first! I never thought I'd consider reading books in any other format than, well, the book, but having run out of space for further acquisitions it seems this could be the answer. Big thanks for the heads-up!!

But why the mark 2 model?

Trebuchet said...

Sorry for late reply, but I hear the iPad2 has got a bit more ease-of-use, such as having a screen which makes the reading experience seem as sharp as reading on paper. Also more ports.

I accidentally got an iPad, and it's pretty good. Takes some getting used to, though. Even has built-in speakers for watching videos and listening to music!