Friday, August 7, 2009

Winding Down

Now ensconced in Maison KL and under orders from my back doctor to take it easy. I saw him in the middle of a mad rush this afternoon, which was itself the continuation of a mad rush from the morning. The sequence around Friday prayers was especially daft with me legging it from the mosque to a meeting at work and then speeding down the AYE to make it to the hospital on time. The doc offered me two days MC next week but I passed on the grounds of having too much to do.

The drive up here, accompanied by Dylan, The Clash, The Band and Art Fazil, was pretty easy and generally uneventful, the only hold-up being caused by a ten car shunt on the ring road next to Bukit Antarabangsa. So that being about it, I’m off to the land of nod.

2 comments:

Trebuchet said...

You know what's a really appropriate lyric?

And now my life has changed
In ... oh!! so many ways
My independence seems
To vanish in the haze...


Lennon often got it just right for the rest of us.

Brian Connor said...

Beatle John could show amazing prescience.

Incidentally I remember Help being first released as a single and everyone assuming it was another delightfully cheerful song from those lovable mop-heads. Years later there was a musical to celebrate the band, I think entitled John, Paul, George, Ringo and Me for which Barbara Dickson played the songs. She took Help at a slow tempo, singing it as a song of genuine despair. Which it is.