Monday, October 7, 2024

My Blank Pages

Acquired my week to a view diary for 2025 yesterday. It’s the same edition as the one I’m using  this year , which means that, like this year’s, it will be most likely falling apart by October 2025. But I don’t mind. As long as it gets me through each working week without my missing anything of crucial importance to my working life I’m fine.

As with last year, getting my hands on what I’ve come to regard as foundational to my routines makes me a happy soldier. But I must confess that looking at all the pages waiting to be marked by doings that will need to be done is a little intimidating. I’m assuaging the mild panic engendered by reminding myself to live in the moment. Or, rather, live a week at a time with the odd glance into a future that will soon turn to messy pages.

And I mustn’t forget there’s a fair amount of 2024 that still needs negotiating. It may be all downhill from here, but there’s a lot of slope ahead. 

No comments: