Thursday, October 5, 2023

Some Body

Woke in the early hours - around 1.00 am - suffering from a ferocious cramping of my left leg, the lower bit. Fortunately it eased in the mysterious way that cramp does and I managed a good night's sleep thereafter. Actually I'd completely forgotten about this until just now when I was doing the Isha' Prayer and needed to struggle on with cramp in my left foot. Mind you, I was half expecting something of the sort since I'd only just got back from the gym and mild cramping of the feet whilst praying is apt to follow a work-out.

Funny thing, the body, especially mine. Just lately I've been particularly cautious in relation to my back. Originally I'd intended to get to the gym yesterday evening and decided not to due to a slight but distinct ache right in the centre of my lower back which manifested late yesterday afternoon for no reason I was aware of. All this following a very awkward Sunday morning last weekend when I was moving with all the grace and finesse of your average centenarian on account of a disconcerting pain running down my upper thigh (upper left.)

These days I celebrate being able to get the gym with reasonable regularity, knowing that there's no guarantee that this will continue. That certainly helps when I've been on the elliptical trainer for ten minutes or so and start to wonder why exactly I'm torturing myself on the thing.

No comments: