Friday, July 7, 2023

Still At The Movies

I'm still thinking about Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (think that's the title) a day later. I don't mean that I keep recalling the film because it was so good, or that it was so brilliantly thought-provoking I can't help mull over its themes. No, I mean that I can't make up my mind whether I thought the film was good or bad, and I'm not really sure why I can't do that, so I'm puzzling over that. Also I'm trying to figure out why I genuinely found the first two movies (Raiders and Temple) thrilling when I watched them but kept nodding off during the action sequences of this one.

I suppose age has something to do with this: the fact that Indy looks so old (except when he's de-aged and just looks a bit odd) and the fact that I was reasonably young when I watched the earlier films and now I'm most decidedly not.

One thing's for sure. The film wasn't at all what I expected it to be. But I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

No comments: