Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The Price You Pay

I don't mind running around a bit at work. I get paid for it, and I suppose it helps keep me reasonably fit. But these days I know I'll pay a price for uncomfortable busyness and its a steep one.

I'm referring to the almost inevitable bouts of cramp I suffer at night following such days. These are generally painful, and I mean very. Last night was marked by three such bouts, affecting both legs at various hours. Fortunately I was so weary that I only awoke long enough to deal with the pain and immediately dropped back to sleep again. I'm hoping for similar weariness tonight as I can already feel the muscles in my nether regions readying themselves to remind me of just how taut they can decide to make themselves.

It's sort of comical, the way in which a body can decide to protest against the use one makes of it, but it's a dark kind of humour. Not exactly laugh-out-loud material.

No comments: