Thursday, July 23, 2020

Sleepyhead

It's a good thing that I haven't needed to go into work this week. I've been feeling drowsy in the extreme and finding it easier to nod off than ever - which is quite something for a man who has never had problems entering the Land of Nod. I suppose this might have something to do with being generally worn down in recent weeks by the shifting demands of work, but I'm doubtful that this is a sufficient explanation. Indeed, I can't honestly say that I've felt genuinely stretched in recent weeks.
 
A more likely explanation is that the drowsiness is medicinal in origin. I went to see my back doc last Saturday for a routine check, but this happened to coincide with a bout of stiffness in the muscles on my left side. The doc prescribed tablets I've taken before, but upped the dosage. I'm now thinking I might be suffering the side effects.

To be honest, being on the verge of falling asleep for much of the day is not a completely unpleasant state to be in. But almost a week of it is quite enough, thank you.

No comments: