Monday, April 30, 2018

Transported

Spent a good 50 minutes or so earlier this evening in the USA, in Michigan, the Great Lake State, to be specific. Was taken there by Sufjan Stevens's wonderful album Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lake State. From the mordant opening piano chords of Flint (For the Unemployed and Underpaid) I was happily lost, taken out of myself, transported. And what a good thing that was, the Toad, work, having rendered me cabined, cribbed, confined, bound in to saucy to-do lists and all that stuff all of the live-long day. It's been a long time since I played these songs and I really don't know why that is.

The lovely cover for the CD helped me on my journey, by the way - lovingly naïve art work (originally hand-painted it says, and it looks it) from one Laura Normandin. Don't know who she is, but she's good.

No comments: