Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Positivity

I got roped in a while back in helping out in a small way on a musical some of our students have been putting together to raise money for Cancer Awareness. I've been a bit busy with it over the last couple of weeks as it comes to fruition this weekend, but nothing like as busy as the young people involved in the project, who've been taking care of business in every way. In case you think putting a show of any kind together is a fairly small undertaking let me tell you, it isn't, and a musical of any variety is incredibly demanding - and you can multiply that by ten when you've cooked up your own script.

The astonishing thing about the creative team, the cast and everyone involved behind the scenes is that I haven't heard a single complaint about what they're doing no matter how rough it's got. Just being around them makes an old codger like me feel not exactly young but a whole lot less aged, if you see what I mean. There's a lot to be said for Positivity, you know.

No comments: