Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Incapacitated

I was back at West Coast Park this morning for the first time since my sort-of triumph in last year's cross country. Visitors to this Far Place may remember how I finished a remarkable fourth (or fifth?) in the teachers' race in a startlingly respectable time.

How are the mighty fallen! (Well, not exactly mighty but something mildly along those general lines.) This morning I could barely stand for ten minutes before being obliged to squat or sit in an effort to ease some of the pain radiating along the dreary nerve I am coming to be all too familiar with.

Fifteen years ago a sense of the unfairness of such incapacity would have served as a further irritation. Now I'm happy to remember better times and hope that one day I might see them again. In the meantime just temporary relief is something to be grateful, very, for.

Anyway, I'm off to see my back-doctor again this Saturday and hoping that some sort of resolution begins to emerge, even if only very slowly.

1 comment:

david santos said...

Great posting, my friend, great! Congratulations!!!!