Saturday, September 6, 2008

In Transit

Ramadhan 6 1429

We are temporarily resident in Mak's house, just outside Alor Gajah. Actually we stopped off at the hospital in Melaka on the way up last Sunday to visit one of Noi's aunties who's suffered a stroke and dropped off Noi's cousin Rokiah with her two grandchildren who've stayed here the whole week. They'll be coming back with us to Singapore tomorrow, I assume, though I'm not particularly well-inforned regarding family matters.

My cold seemed to turn into quite an unpleasant fever yesterday evening and I can't say I enjoyed the drive from KL, though listening to the final CD from my Master and Commander set was some compensation for feeling like a complete mess. Today I've felt a whole lot better. In fact, this is the first day of fasting that I've felt reasonably normal. I also managed to get out for a bit of a run after breaking the fast, my second of the month. So, all in all, things might be said to be looking up - not that they were ever all that far down.

No comments: