Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Meaning of Life

Life seems to be getting distinctly busier, hence the missing entry for yesterday, Friday. I got back home around 7.00 pm (we'd gone for a cuppa and a bit of shopping at Katong Mall) and Mei & Boon arrived at 7.30 to accompany us on a brisk walk to East Coast Park. On the way back we dropped into Komala's for some rather spendid nosh (thosai for me!) with Yati & Nahar joining us. It was a nice break to our usual routine but it meant we didn't get back until later than we normally would have done so I forewent any form of diarying/blogging. This morning I dropped Noi off at IKEA whist I went into work for a rehearsal of a scene from Black Comedy, which we're putting on in March. The scene hadn't been blocked before, basically due to the technicalities involved in terms of props, so it presented a bit of a challenge. However, the rehearsal went well. The cast are well into their roles now and have a lot of nous concerning what to do and what not to do and things generally flowed along. I think we're at that point where once the players know where they have to be they'll find out the fine detail of what they need to do there for themselves. Back home I finished Martin Lings's little book Symbol & Archetype. I've been reading this on and off for months. Rich in meaning (after all it's A Study of the Meaning of Existence and things don't get much richer than that) I can't imagine any other pace to read it than an extremely slow and reflective one. By the way, in Preview mode this is rather neatly paragraphed, so don't blame me for a badly blocked production.

No comments: