Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Retribution

I paid the price, inevitably, for yesterday's complacent comments about how chipper I felt, and paid it at express speed. At 3.30 in the morning I was awakened by a good deal of discomfort manifesting itself in and around my stomach. Quick diagnosis: mild indigestion, not life-threatening, but enough to make it impossible to get back to much-needed sleep. The cause: greed, simple greed - the Missus had cooked up an exquisite plate of bangers & mash for dinner, of which one plateful was more than enough. I went for the 'afters' - as they used to say back home - wonder if they still do - and that little bit of extra potatoes and gravy made its presence unpleasantly felt as detailed above.

Which reminds me: I need to shed 3 kilos, and to do so soon.

No comments: