Sunday, November 2, 2014

Fed Up

Caught up with newly-weds Kate & Rob on their way from sunny Devon to a three-week delayed honeymoon in sunnier Vietnam. We managed a very pleasant couple of hours of their company in between flights, letting them escape from Changi Airport to Bedok Corner where Noi plied them with chicken rice and tea. I overdid it on kachang phool, normally not an item associated with excess, I know, but we were going on to a wedding dinner in the afternoon following one yesterday afternoon and, in truth, I wasn't approaching my nosh in a spirit of moderation. And all this following our rather splendid seafood dinner for Fifi's birthday last week.

Tonight the Missus tells me we are eating something she terms 'fruit' and that sounds like a jolly good idea to me.

No comments: