Friday, January 17, 2014

Looking For Clues

Spent part of the day trying to figure out what has been going on in the mind of someone I know, but don't know terribly well. I've managed to construct some of kind of narrative around events involving this someone which gives me some kind of handle on what they might be thinking and feeling whilst being well aware I'll end up throwing most if not all of it away if I eventually get more information with regard to them. It's like the ladder you use to rise to a clearer view and then discard when it isn't any further use - indeed, may actually limit progress.

I suspect that one day I'll find I got it all wrong, having so often got things wrong before. For someone who might be expected to have at least some insights into others I can be astonishingly dense.

No comments: