Monday, December 9, 2013

Incapacitated

A day of almost complete inaction here in Madrid. (It's actually Sunday here, despite the date above, Spain being eight hours behind my usual Far Place of residence.) I struggled quite a bit on Saturday after suffering severe twinges in my back in the morning and awoke in the early hours today in extreme pain. In fact, I was extremely worried that yet another disk had slipped in my ragged backbone since I could only crawl to the toilet in extreme pain. But the doctor confirmed this morning that it wasn't so bad, just the muscles going into spasm, and he gave me a jab of muscle relaxant. A few hours later and I'm actually walking again - somewhat gingerly, but at least I'm moving.

By the way, Gentle Reader, I can assure you that if you want to explore just how undignified you can be, try crawling to a bathroom and struggling to get on the toilet. You won't have too many illusions about yourself after that.

No comments: