Saturday, July 17, 2010

Soup Of The Day

Pictured above is last night's dinner. To be more specific, a bowl of oxtail soup, as prepared by the missus. And to be even more specific, my part of the dinner, the first of two bowls - though Noi and I shared the bread. The bowl may not look too deep but it contained plenty. Which meant it was particularly foolish of me to consume one of Noi's cranberry muffin specials about an hour after being swamped by the soup. I live dangerously, but deliciously.

Today she's gone off to Melaka to help prepare some kind of kenduri for Mak leaving me home alone, except for plentiful further supplies of soup and muffins. So whilst a big part of me is missing her another part thinks life is really rather splendid.

(For those poor benighted souls out there who only know of oxtail soup from cans I should tell you that under those potatoes and carrots lurks a real oxtail and its real meat. Bliss. Unless you happen to be vegetarian.)

No comments: